29 June 2010

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I've never been successful with muffins. My earlier muffins always turned out to be either too dense, too dry or too moist, despite following recipes to the dot with great diligence and much effort.

This time, I decided to use the rub-in-butter method instead of my usual melted butter recipe. And since following instructions had not yielded any muffin that had the slightest resemblance to the lovely photos posted in recipe books and blogs, I also made a brave decision to do away with much of the ingredients' measurement. Afterall, they never worked. For this batch of muffins, the only things I measured were flour and butter. The amount for other ingredients were gauged by looking at the batter texture.

Surprise! Surprise! These muffins turned out to be great! They were completely light and fluffy, with the right moisture and texture. Parfait!!!

Here's how I did my muffins.
In a small bowl:
  1. Lightly whisk 1 egg with a few spoons of sugar
In a big bowl:
  1. Sift 200g of flour into a big bowl
  2. Put 50g of soft butter into the bowl
  3. Stir with a spoon till the mixture resembles bread crumbs
  4. Pour in the egg mixture
  5. Pour in milk until the texture of the mixture looks like ice cream
  6. Scoop into paper cups
  7. Bake at 180 degrees

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!